Valuable Tips For Incorporating Home Security Lighting In Wilmington
Deterrence is a critical aspect of your home’s defense, and one of the top ways to dissuade thieves is by using lights. A well-lit exterior not only looks great, it’s also much less likely to have intrusions. If you want to enhance your home’s security, review these worthwhile tips for home security lighting in Wilmington. We have some ideas for outside and inside illumination that can benefit your family.
Elevate Your Home’s Protection And Charm With Outdoor Lighting
The right kind of outside lighting and well-positioned video cameras will go a long way in keeping intruders away from your residence. Implement the following Wilmington outdoor lighting recommendations.
- Illuminate your primary entryways: Your front door and rear entrance are still the most common spots for invasions. Ensure those access points are well-lit but don’t ignore your garage. While bright motion-sensing floodlights are a common installation for this location, it’s not the only strategy. Rather than blinding your neighbors every time an animal scurries past, consider using less obtrusive lights that stay on during the night. Make no mistake, vivid, motion-detecting floodlights may ward off unwanted guests, but having a well-positioned light that stays lit is more likely to keep them away from your property to begin with.
- Integrate multi-function task lights: Those enchanting lights next to your paver walkway do more than guide you during the night. They also allow you to see certain spots of your property you may not otherwise be able to from the inside.
- Add beauty and safety with accents: Not only for aesthetic reasons, accent lights are a smart way to shine light on areas that might otherwise be used as hideouts. You can put accents in flower beds outside ground-floor windows, in front of retaining walls, or near shrubbery and trees. These lights offer a dramatic effect while boosting your protection.
- Shine light on your perimeter: A layered approach should also address your perimeter. Illuminating your gates, fencing, and outer edges of your property can go a long way to discourage prowlers.
How To Boost Safety With Interior Lighting in Wilmington
Home security lighting in Wilmington incorporates more than just outdoor illumination. Your inside lights are important in enhancing safety as well. Smart lights that integrate into your home’s protection are beneficial for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling capabilities: Set your lights to a schedule and make it seem like the house is inhabited. This is an effective deterrent and a smart strategy anytime you’re away.
- Access from any location: If you take a trip but neglect to set a schedule, you can still turn them on via your convenient smartphone app.
- Connecting to other security sensors: If the motion detector on your outdoor camera goes off, you could have your foyer light inside switch on automatically. This capability is another deterrent to burglars.
Dissuade Theft Even More With A Home Defense Package In Wilmington From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Back up your well-illuminated residence with the finest in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our advanced home security systems in Wilmington let you automate, access, and control all kinds of smart devices, including your lights. Call (910) 263-6334 today to customize a package for your property.